CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

About Me...



My name is Rhonda V. Patterson, and I am your child’s 6th  grade teacher. I am so excited to have the opportunity to work at Stephen Decatur Middle School. I will be teaching English/Reading and World Cultures/Geography.  Below is just a brief background of my teaching credentials and my expectations of your child.

I have a B.S. in Sociology from Virginia State University, two Masters’ in Education, Curriculum and Instruction from National Louis University and Elementary Education from
the University of Phoenix. I am currently a Doctoral candidate in Educational Leadership at the University of Phoenix.  I have been an educator for 11 years and have served in many capacities such as lead teacher, grade level chair, union representative and multicultural chair just to name a few.

I have high expectations for my class this year. My goal is to raise our students to a higher level of critical thinking using the new common core standards that will help them achieve academic success in sixth grade and prepare them for the future by being college ready. I assure you that your student will have an exciting adventure in their learning in sixth grade. Please ensure they come to school prepared and ready to learn. I welcome your support as I understand that we must have excellent home to school communication. 

Feel free to contact me via email at rhonda.patterson@pgcps.org.
Room 62 are the Scholars of today and tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment